|Photo credit of Kate Spade's Diagonal Gold Stripe Hard Case | My version & Polka Dot Phone Case|
DIY | Kate Spade Inspired Striped Phone Case
(1) Template (I've included templates for iPhone 4/5 and the Samsung Galaxy S3/S4...let me know if you'd like me to make templates for other phone models!)
(2) Plain phone case
(3) Metallic Tape (I got mine from Daiso)
(4) Wax paper
(5) Rotary cutter + mat
1. Stick a strip of metallic tape on wax paper. You want to make sure your strip is long enough to make diagonal stripes for your phone case plus leaving an inch or so at the ends so they can be tucked in.
2. Using a ruler and rotary cutter, cut thinner strips from your tape. This depends on how wide your metallic tape is; my smaller strips ended up being about 1/4" wide. (As you can see, I cut the 4th stripe a little crooked :P)
3. Tape your wax paper to your template.
4. Continue cutting smaller strips from your metallic tape and laying them on your wax paper over your template as shown.
5. Make a border of regular tape to cover the perimeter of all your metallic strips' ends to the wax paper. You want to do this to all 4 sides of your strips so it's easier to stick onto your case.
6. Peel off your tape border and lay gently over your phone case (make sure it's clean and free of dust/particles).
7. Press down the metallic tape firmly and adjust as necessary. Gently peel off the tape border.
8. Fold over and tuck in the ends of each metallic strip.
9. If your case has a camera hole, simply cut your metallic strips at that location and tuck in the ends.
Rock your shiny new phone case! I've gotten tons of people asking me where I got my case and I can proudly tell them how easy it is to make :)
** Don't wanna DIY? Prefer to B-U-Y? I'll be selling any extras I made, along with many other items, in my shop Two Teaspoons coming soon. Stay tuned!