Monday, December 16, 2013

DIY | Advent Calendar Day 16: Cutout Tissue Wrap

Quick little anecdote: I was so obsessed with Sour Patch Watermelon once that I bought a whole 5 lb bag, but at so much and haven't had it since. I just realized that this is the only present that doesn't match with my red/white/gold/brown color theme! :( Regardless, I think red Christmas trees would look funny anyway. 



DIY Cutout Tissue Wrap

(Difficulty: Easy)



Supplies

(1) Kraft paper
(2) Tissue paper
(3) Tape
(4) Scissors
(5) X-acto knife + mat
(6) Pencil/pen (not shown)

Steps


1. Wrap your gift with tissue paper and secure with tape.

2. Trace the shape of the box onto the middle of your Kraft paper, leaving enough space on each side for wrapping. Roughly draw some outlines of a half Christmas tree in pencil.

3. Cut out along the outlines with your X-acto knife and fold over the half Christmas tree.


4. Wrap your present with the tree cutouts on the front. Inside each little tree, write your message / recipient's name if you wish.

What I love about this project is that it's so versatile. Feel free to use any other shapes if you wish for whatever occasion! You can do a half heart of Valentine's Day, balloons for birthdays, etc.!


Yesterday: Day 15 - Glitter Top Box | Tomorow: Day 17 - Circle Topped Box

All Advent Calendar-related posts can be found here.

Want to see what Debbie got me? Follow me on Instagram!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! I love this!

    http://happinessiscreating.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Meghan! Let me know if you decide to try it out! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...