Monday, May 5, 2014

DIY | Gogo Philip Inspired Crystal Hexnut Necklace

Asos.com is one of my absolute faaaavorite sites to shop at (disclaimer: not endorsing, I just really love them) because they have such unique pieces and their fashions are always on point. I spotted this totally DIY-able Gogo Philip necklace, so I made this necklace from some extra hexnuts on hand from my last project!


Left: My version | Right: Gogo Philip Bolt Diamante Necklace




DIY Gogo Philip Inspired Crystal Hexnut Necklace

(Difficulty: Easy)



Supplies


(1) Gold hexnut
(2) Jewelry pliers
(3) E-6000
(4) Cord end
(5) Jump ring
(6) Necklace chain (I ended up using silver instead of gold)
(7) Faux rhinestone stickers


 photo READYCART.png
What's ReadyCart?

Steps


1. Flatten out your cord end. Trim the cord end to the size of your hexnut as needed. File any sharp edges.

2. Apply E-6000 onto your hexnut and adhere your flattened cord end. Let dry.

3. Fill the hole of the hexnut with E-6000 and attach your sticky back faux rhinestone. Let dry.


4. Attach your jump ring to the hole of the cord end. String onto your necklace chain and wear!

Suuuper easy peasy right? This is another way to wear hexnuts without it being too hardware store-ish :)



** Don't wanna DIY? Prefer to B-U-Y? I'll be selling any extras I made, along with many other items, in my shop Two Teaspoons coming soon. Stay tuned!

7 comments:

  1. I love this! It seems so simple to make, too ... always a plus;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ginnie! It's one of the easiest DIY's I've ever done so no excuse to not make it ;)

      Delete
  2. OMG! That looks absolutely amazing! The gold-looking brass nut is giving me a very modern vibe, which is definitely chic and fashionable. You can definitely pair that up with a very trendy outfit. I also love the ease, in which it was made. Thank you so much for sharing the steps. Stay creative!

    Cindy Wilson @ Dream Time Creations

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the sweet comment Cindy! I also love how versatile this is and how can be totally dress up or down an outfit :) Let me know if you decide to try it; I'd love to see what you come up with!

      Delete
  3. Thank you for sharing those steps, Vanessa! You never fail to amaze with those simple and easy steps for your fabulous crafts. You’ve shown that stylish accessories doesn’t have to be expensive, as long as you have the right materials at hand. Anyway, I’ll be looking forward to seeing your future crafts. I wish you all the best!

    Angelica Jenkins @ Royal Gold LLC

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so smart! Oh my gosh and its such a cute but simple peice that will add some class to your outfit without being all in your face, i love it! this is such a nice peice to really throw with any outfit, this will totally pop up in a lot of my summer outfits! thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...