Exfolimate is an Australia-based company specializing in skincare. The Exfolimate is an exfoliating triangle-shaped tool with a metal edge used to scrape away dead skin. At first I was pretty wary of this product since I though the metal part was some kind of blade but it's actually on the thicker side. Click through for details & a more in-depth review!
Description (from Amazon)
- Provides deeper cleansing and enhanced exfoliation
- Cleanses, refreshes and revives skin
- Leaves skin feeling softer and looking brighter
- Reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Improves skin tone and texture
- Reduces dry spots and oily patches
- Increases the absorption of skin care products
- Chemical free and hypoallergenic
Exfolimate is intended to remove the dead dry skin cells and smooth/brighten your skin. It is made of fairly durable plastic (not cheap feeling) and there are supposedly micro grooves on the metal edge but they're not very visible. The metal part at first seemed scary since it resembles a blade but upon closer look, it's a fairly thick piece with smooth edges.
The kit includes one small and one large tool for your face and body along with straps to keep it from slipping/dropping when in the shower but I found that I didn't need the straps. I like that they give you two different sizes but exfoliating my whole body just takes too long to do on a daily basis so I have been using the face one twice a day. Exfolimate can also be used to help ingrown hairs but I haven't had a chance to try this out. I will be trying this out on my legs next.
At first I felt sort of silly scraping a triangular piece of metal across my skin and was skeptical that it would work. The instructions included say to use at a 90 degree angle on a warm wet face so it's easier for the tool to glide. When I finished, I ran my finger across the metal part to see if I could visibly see any of the dead skin that it's supposed to scrape away but didn't see anything. Perhaps I should try this prior to washing my face and see if it picks up more gunk. After using this consistently for about a week, I did notice that my skin was slightly smoother and not as dry. It's a bit hard to tell as I have recently added on a sleeping mask that also does make my skin very smooth. After use, I would suggest applying a moisturizer to maintain your skin's moisture.
I liked how gentle and easy it was to use with a well-designed handle. I personally would not pay the $28 since overall I was not expecting and did not see significant results but I will keep using it to see if there are any changes in the future and post an updated review so I give it a 7/10!
- Easy to use
- Easy to clean
- Sturdy, comfortable handle
- Skin does feel a bit smoother?
- Comes with straps to hang on to the tool but a not necessary
- Don't really see a significant effect
- Be careful to avoid use over broken skin or acne
- Bit on the pricey side
- Might take a while to exfoliate the whole body, even using the larger tool