Saturday, August 9, 2014

DIY | Interchangeable Studded Hair Combs

As you may know, I'm always a fan of interchangeable/multi-wear/multi-use things. I just love the idea of having one thing that can be non-permanently customized millions of ways! I got a couple clear plastic hair combs a while ago but couldn't decide on how I wanted to decorate them, so I turned my indecisiveness into a whole new project!


DIY Interchangeable Studded Hair Combs

(Difficulty: Easy)



Supplies

(1) Felt (in a color matching your hair)
(2) Hair combs (metal ones would work best, but I only had plastic)
(3) Hot glue
(4) A variety of studs and spikes, or any other embellishment you like!
(5) Velcro (in hindsight, also in a color matching your hair!)
(6) Scissors



 photo READYCART.png
What's ReadyCart?

Steps


1. Cut out a strip each of the hook and eye Velcro as long as your hair comb, and about as wide as the blank part (half an inch).

2. Do the same for your rectangular pieces of felt (as many as you'd like), except a bit wider.

3. Embellish your felt pieces! I chose a variety of studs and spikes in different sizes and colors. Feel free to play around with the placement, adding beads or anything else you wish!


4. Hot glue one piece of the hook Velcro onto the blank part of the hair comb. Then hot glue the eye part of the Velcro onto the back of your felt strips.

5. Trim off excess felt if desired and attach whichever piece you desire via Velcro action!

I love hair combs because you can go from updo to casual in an instant, depending on how you decorate it! Check out my other studded projects here!


You can do a casual French twist or half-up/half down style!
** Don't wanna DIY? Prefer to B-U-Y? I'll be selling any extras I made, along with many other items, in my shop Two Teaspoons coming soon. Stay tuned!

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...