Monday, May 19, 2014

Liebster Award | Eleven Facts, Questions, Answers, and Nominations

Hello all!

Wow, I've been so honored to have been nominated by two lovely ladies: Mary (We Can Make Anything) and RaChil (The Cwafty Blog) for the Liebster Award!


The blogging community is just so sweet and the Liebster Award is to and from blogs as a means for bloggers to get to know each other, collaborate, discover new blogs! Basically nominees post 11 facts, answer 11 questions from their nominators, and create 11 questions to nominate 11 other blogs. So without further ado, here we go!





11 Facts About Cafe Craftea

1. I sleep with my eyes half open. Freaky, I know!
2. I'm not ticklish (anymore)! I used to be, but I somehow developed an immunity to it.
3. I speak ~3ish languages other than English: Cantonese, Mandarin, and conversational Spanish.
4. I'm a dessert fanatic. Say cheesecake, waffles, donuts..I'm there! Imagine what happens when I go to dessert buffets...
5. I listen to a lot of Korean pop (K-pop). My favorite artists/bands are Dalmatian, Phantom, Big Bang, and the Brown Eyed Girls.
6. I prefer Summer to Winter! Hot weather is the best.
7. I'm an extremely frugal spender but I love to shop! I love finding bargains :)
8. I'm terrible at sports...and anything involving general hand-eye coordination.
9. I've got 4 more years of (fairly expensive) schooling to go :(
10. I love sleeping late and sleeping in. I wish I were a morning person so I could have more time in the day but it just doesn't work out that way.
11. I like to bake but I hardly ever eat my own creations :/


The Cwafty Blog's Questions
1. What's your favorite color combination? 
Hmm, this is hard. I'd have to say black + gold is always a classic!

2. If you could have any animal in the world for a pet what would it be? 
I haven't really had any pets other than bunnies and fish. I suppose any animal would be fine to me as long as it's tame and doesn't poop or pee :P

3. Coffee or Tea? How do you take it? 
I don't like the taste of actual coffee but I love coffee-flavored things (odd, I know). I like slightly sweetened fruity teas!

4. Can you do a really good fake accent? 
Nope, I'm terrible. 

5. Whats the first thing you ever remember making? 
A super flimsy crossbody "purse" when i was 7. Broke on first use!

6. What made you want to start blogging? 
I've always talked about wanting to start a blog so I went ahead and finally did it!

7. Favorite artistic/crafty medium to work with? 
Chain, wire, and beads!

8. A movie you know word for word? (If you're not as obsessive as I am, just your favorite will work!)
Mean Girls! And Shrek, because my sister used to make me watch it with her 300+ times...no lie!

9. What do you like to do when you're not dazzling the internet with your creative genius? 
Working, sleeping, playing games :)

10. Whats the last show you marathoned? 
2 Broke Girls...I watched 16 episodes on an 11-hour flight.


We Can Make Anything's Questions
1. What blog do you visit every day?
I don't really have any blogs that I visit on a daily basis, but I do go on Brit + Co. often!

2. Do you have a favorite pattern (i.e. Chevron, Herringbone, etc.)?
Currently, teeny polka dots and diagonal stripes.

3. What TV show can you watch time & again without tiring of it?
Big Bang Theory, The Simpsons, & Friends!

4. When is the best time of day to blog?
For me, post-midnight/middle of the night.

5. Where is your dream vacation location?
Anywhere with lots of shopping + eateries! I'd love to visit New York & Italy!

6. What are your top three favorite novels?
Ooh toughie...probably Memoirs of Geisha by Arthur Golden, Harry Potter (are those considered novels?), and Teen Idol by Meg Cabot.

7. Which is better, yard work or house work?
Definitely housework...I'd much prefer to stay inside.

8. Do you keep a journal?
I've tried many many times but alas, I can't keep it up :/

9. What is your favorite season, & why?
Summer! Vacation, swimming, ice cream, and there are generally more fun clothes to wear in my opinion.

10. Pencils or pens?
Generally, pens (especially gel-y ones). I hate when the lead when it rubs off on your hand. 

11. If you could build anything, what would it be?
A cute indoor tent/teepee! I'd love to make one but I don't know if it'd be weird just to stick in the middle of the living room...

My Questions
1. What are your top 3 favorite movies of all time?
2. What is your favorite type of craft (sewing, knitting, scrapbooking, jewelry making, etc) and why?
3. What other hobbies do you have other than crafting?
4. Where are you from/where did you grow up?
5. What do you do for a living?
6. What is one country that you want to visit and why?
7. What is the best advice you've ever gotten or most important lesson you've learned?
8. If you had the ability to time travel, what time period would you go back or forward to, and why?
9. What is one thing you've always wanted to do, but didn't have the chance?
10. Do you have a unique/strange talent?
11. If you could change one issue about the world, what would it be?

My Nominations (to be updated, keep checking back!)

4 comments:

  1. Ahh! Let me know when you build a teeny teepee! It would totally not be weird, it would be awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I do, it'll definitely be on the blog :)

      Delete
  2. One of my first sewing projects was a purse which also broke the first time I tried to use it. I was so disappointed, I had wasted good fabric in my opinion. Also I loved making Teepees as a kid! That's gonna be a super fun project!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eep, I feel your pain! Just b/c we're not kids anymore doesn't mean we still can't make teepees though ;)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...