Sunday, April 20, 2014

DIY | Mini Wire Crown

When I was in preschool, I suggested making paper crowns after naptime because I always wanted to be a princess (who am I kidding...I still do!). While I'd love to flounce around in a fluffy tutu and carry a fairy wand out in the general public, I doubt I can pull it off outside of Halloween without attracting strange looks :( Fueling my wire kick and obsessions with all things mini, this DIY is a cute way addition to your plain bun so we can all feel like little princes/princesses :)



DIY Mini Wire Crown 

(Difficulty: Easy)



Supplies


(1) Wire (22-gauge or lower works best)
(2) Jewelry Pliers
(3) Ruler (not shown)
(4) Marker (not shown)
(5) Optional: embellishments such as stick on pearls/faux rhinestones, gluing beads/ribbon, whatever you have laying around!


 photo READYCART.png
What's ReadyCart?

Steps


1. At one end, measure 10 inches of wire and make a bend.  Mark 1 1/2 inch intervals with a marker.

2. Bend your wire down to form a triangle as shown. My triangles' sides ended up being about 1 3/4 inch.

3. Next, bend your wire up again at your first marked interval. Repeat until you run out of wire.


4. When you reach the end, make a loop to secure your last triangle onto your wire.

5. Begin forming your triangles into a circle and connect the end to your first triangle. Straighten and adjust your triangles as needed.

You can secure the crown to your head straight on with bobby pins but I also like to use it to decorate a high bun :)


** Don't wanna DIY? Prefer to B-U-Y? I'll be selling any extras I made, along with many other items, in my shop Two Teaspoons coming soon. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...