Sunday, April 13, 2014

DIY | Alex & Ani Inspired Adjustable Bangle

As you may or may not know, I'm tiiiiny. I literally haven't grown in about nine years and can still fit into dresses from eighth grade. I've the wrists of a 10 year old child so I'm unable to wear bangles (unless I wear them on my upper arm, #tinyasiangirlproblems). I've been a bit on a wire kick lately and this project was inspired by Alex & Ani's adjustable bangles so feel free to customize with any charms you'd like :)

My version (left) | Aunt Charm Bracelet photo credit of Alex & Ani (right)


DIY Alex & Ani Inspired Adjustable Bangle

(Difficulty: Easy )



Supplies


(1) Wire (22-gauge or lower is best)
(2) Charms (I salvaged an old earring!)
(3) Jewelry pliers


 photo READYCART.png
What's ReadyCart?

Steps


1. Cut a piece of wire to fit around your wrist and add on three inches.

2. About half an inch from the end, bend a 90 degree angle pointing up. Repeat with the other end except this time pointing down.

3. Make a loop with one end around the wire. Trim off excess wire.


4. Repeat with other end, attaching your charms either within your loop or stringing them onto the wire itself before you close the loop.

5. Slip on the bangle and adjust by pulling on both of the loops you made to secure.

This bangle also makes a great little gift because it's pretty much one size fits all! :)


** Don't wanna DIY? Prefer to B-U-Y? I'll be selling any extras I made, along with many other items, in my shop Two Teaspoons coming soon. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...