|Featuring special appearances by my floral pajamas and fuzzy purple socks|
DIY Pearl Pins
(1) Bobby pins (I got this set of 100 from the 99c store!)
(2) Pearl beads (any craft store)
(3) Headpins or wire (any craft/hardware store)
(4) Jewelry pliers (any craft store)
1. Slip a bead onto your head pin. If you don't have a headpin, cut a 3" long piece of wire and make a loop at the end with your jewelry pliers. Bend down the whole loop at a right angle so it is perpendicular to the rest of the wire.
2. Bend the wire under your bead at a right angle as shown.
3. Loop it onto your bobby pin and begin wrapping your wire in and out of the pin.
4. Continue looping your wire in and out of the bobby pin a couple times.
5. Snip off the excess wire.
6. Repeat with as many pins as you'd like.
I also made a set of these by looping silver wire because I didn't have silver headpins on hand and added a bead cap for extra fanciness. I keep a few of these in my purse just in case a bad hair day comes along!
** Don't wanna DIY? Faster to buy? I'll be selling any extras I made, along with many other items, in my shop Two Teaspoons coming soon. Stay tuned!