Friday, December 13, 2013

DIY | Advent Calendar Day 13: Button Pillow Box

I spotted this adorable pack of wool roving from Daiso and thought about all the felted balls and acorn bowls that I wanted to make, so I thought Debbie would like this. The label on it showed a cute little felted macaron that I'd like to attempt as well! Today's project isn't much of a tutorial because it's just a pillow box, but I've provided a template for you to download :) I adorned it with twine and a button that ended up being perfect for packaging this gift~



DIY Button Pillow Box

(Difficulty: Easy)



Supplies

(1) Download the template here!
(2) Scrap cardboard / old cereal boxes
(3) Twine
(4) Button
(5) Scissors
(6) Double tape
(7) Scrap cardstock
(8) Hole punch

Steps

1. Print out the template and trace onto your scrap cardboard. Cut along the solid lines and score along the dotted lines (folding lines). The gray areas will be where your double tape should stick. Assemble pillow box.

2. Place your gift inside and fold in the scored flaps.

3. Cut a length of twine long enough to wrap around your box. Make a double knot and slip in your button. 

4. Cut a strip of cardstock, making the ends diagonal. Punch a hole through one end. Write your message / recipient's name and string through the twine, on top of the button. Proceed to tie a bow.

And that's it; crazy simple & crazy easy! This box is the perfect size for holding fuzzy socks, warm mittens, or a rolled up beanie!


Yesterday: Day 12 - Pretty Paper Bag I | Tomorow: Day 14 - Slip-Through Tissue Wrap

All Advent Calendar-related posts can be found here.

Want to see what Debbie got me? Follow me on Instagram!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...