Saturday, July 25, 2015

REVIEW | Precision Eyelash Curler

*Disclaimer: This is a sponsored post. I received this sample product for free but was not compensated for an honest review. All opinions are my own and are in no way influenced by the company. 

To be honest, I was a bit apprehensive when I was sent this Majestic Bombay eyelash curler to review. With its fairly plain, nondescript packaging, I wasn't expecting much since most eyelash curlers don't fit the shape of my eye so it's really difficult to find one that I like. Click through to see how this product performed!




Description (from Amazon)
  • NO PAIN DESIGN makes curling your eyelashes easy and pain free. Just follow the simple instructions in the free MANUAL, enclosed in your package. 
  • COMFORT FRIENDLY - Our new designed curler is safe and user friendly. Works amazing for all eye shapes and sizes to capture every lash. 
  • MORE CONTROLLED FORCE creates gorgeous curled lashes that stay curled all day with out your lashes losing its radiance........, leaving you with flirty sexy lashes. 
  • ERGONOMIC CUSHION HANDLE is easy to grip and comfortable to hold. Your fingers are gonna thank you for these ultra comfortable cushion handles! 
  • LIFE TIME GUARANTEED. If these are not the very best EYELASH CURLER you've ever owned, we will refund your money within 90 days. That's how sure we are in our product

Price/Value: $9.99 on Amazon


Review
As I mentioned before, I have odd-shaped eyes and actually use a half curler to curl my lashes because a full curler never seems to do the job. I read other reviews about this curler actually pinching through their lashes and cutting them off so I was actually pretty hesitant to try this. I tried this out on the tip of my hair just in case, pinching as hard as I could, and didn't have any cut hairs.

The first thing I noticed about this product was that pinching the handles together took quite a bit of effort in comparison to my normal curler (stronger spring of some sort?). To my surprise, this curler actually fit my eye pretty well and was able to grip nearly all my lashes with the exception of the tiny ones on my inner eyes.

I didn't really use the included instruction manual but I did skim through it. The manual instructs you to heat the curler with a hair dryer briefly for a better curl but I felt this was unnecessary. I did a couple light pinches from root to tip and didn't pinch super hard because I don't think you need to in order to get a good curl. It took only one try to get a pretty good curl!

True to its claims, I didn't have any issue with pain or pinching on my lids. The handle is comfortable and easy to use; I left my eyelashes curled without mascara and the curl lasted at least 8 hours before I showered. I also like that the package comes with refill pads on hand just in case you tear/lose one (all companies should do this) and the price is fairly reasonable!

The only caveat I would say is that my curler is actually came sort of crooked. As you can see in the photo, the top part and bottom part with the pad aren't exactly even. I didn't find that this affected the curl in any significant way but its pinch is slightly uneven.

Pros
- fits the shape of my eye (!!!)
- easy to use /comfortable handle
- no pain (if you use it correctly)
- got a good curl in one try
- comes with refill pads!
- relatively inexpensive

Cons
- pinching the handles requires a little more effort (strong spring?)
- mine came a little crooked but I don't find it affects curling significantly
- doesn't grip my inner eye's lashes

Overall, I was pretty impressed and this just might become my daily go-to curler so I give it a 9/10!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...